Tuesday, July 25, 2006

More sadness and grief...


  • |07/25/2006 08:53 pm
Today we buried my uncle. He was 49 years old. From what I've been told by my cousins and other family he probably passed away like my father. No one had heard from him for at least 5 days and when the police found his body in the home it was bloated and already out of rigor. They had to have a closed casket memorial ceremony. Since I didn't have a service for my father it really hit me hard today and my heart goes out to my cousins Aubrey and Sarah in their time of grief. I know what they are going through and I know what they will be facing in the months to come. But our fathers are both in a better place now, no longer suffering in physical or emotional pain and someday we'll see them again when it's our time to enter that beautiful place above. I may not have been that close to my uncle but I loved him still because he was my cousins father and a good man in his own way. He will be missed. It's hard to see them go through this, they're younger than me, Aubrey graduated from high school last year and is getting married August 26th, Sarah is going through college for nursing and still has a couple years left, so they both have so much more growing up to do. The hardest part is not knowing what happened and not being able to say goodbye before they passed away.

No comments: