Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Stress...Tension...And More Stress...

Well let's see where to begin...My dad is still in critical condition, he was helicoptered to the Kansas City VA hospital last night to have dialysis done for his kidneys to see if they can get them functioning properly and he's on a breathing machine now cuz he's not getting enough oxygen into his lungs.  It's times like this when I wish I wasn't an only child so I could share the stress with someone else.  I'm his sole heir and power of attorney so I have to make all the decisions since he's not conscious to make them himself.  They think he may pull through this but even if he does he'll still have to do the dialysis once a week for who knows how long to keep his kidneys clear or whatever.  I'm pretty sure that's something he's not going to want to do or something he won't do.  All I can tell the doctors is that he doesn't want to be kept alive by machines and he has a do not resuscitate request.  All this is just making me tense and stressed.  My family is trying to help keep me calm and sane through all this, and this may sound really bad to those that don't know my dad very well but, I kinda hope he passes on so he won't be in pain or have to suffer anymore and also so the family doesn't have to suffer anymore.
I really can't think of anything more to write about now since this has been the main thing on my mind.  I'll probably write more later tonight.

No comments: